How to participate in the Divido domain name release programme
The Divido service empowers you to determine the order in which premium names are released (which occurs in batches) and to obtain names based on the highest offer.
To be involved in the Divido process participants:
- Must be registered on the Divido system – and login to your account.
- Must complete their correct contact data including an email account which is regularly monitored.
- Must specify the name(s) of interest for purchasing along with the highest and best offer price.
The auction process works like this:
The names with the most interest or the highest bid prices will be prioritized for the Auction time available slots within each batch
Notice will be provided by email to all those who have registered an interest in a specific name via the Divido website as to the date that specific name will enter the Auction process.
Each name will be available for bidding on the live auction page.
When placing a bid, the new bid price must be at least 5% higher than the current highest price for the given name.
Each auction will run for 1 week ending at 2PM UTC.
The final bid must stand for 24 hours before an auction can close. If a bid is made within the last 24 hours of an auction. Then the closing time for that auction will be extended by 24 hours from the time that the new highest bid was made.
The Consumation of the transaction with highest bidder at close works like this:
- Once the auction is closed the winner will receive an email requesting payment by Bank Transfer.
- Payment must be received within 48 hours of the close of the auction and upon receipt of funds DIVIDO will provide the AUTH Code to the buyer. The buyer gives the AUTH Code the Registrar and initiates the transfer from our system to theirs.
- All subsequent issues relating to the name such as renewals etc will follow standard naming practice of the new Registrar and the successful registrant should refer all name management issues to the Registrar (not to Divido).
- Once transferred away from us it can be renewed and managed by any registry approved Registrar of your choice.
Additional value is built in for the winning offer.
Each name that is released through the Divido that name is currently valid until 30th April 2027 and can be renewed as soon as it is transferred away from us to the registrar of the buyer's choice.